Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reading!


Okay, so for those who don't know, I am an addicted reader. It's not that I'm always reading, because sometimes I can't find anything I want to read, or any time to read, it's just that, when I do read, I READ. Like, a book in a day. Like, a whole series of books in a week. So I really, really like it when a new series catches my interest. Especially if there are several already written. Last Thursday I decided to go out and buy Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, which some of my favorite former DHS students had been telling me about. I read it Thursday night and Friday...and finished it Friday night. Now, knowing me, I should have just gotten them all when I got Twilight, but I didn't. And I was on vaca. So I waited...sorta patiently...until 10 minutes after we got home Sunday afternoon. Then I went "grocery shopping" at Wal-Mart, and the next three books in the series found their way into my cart. So Sunday/Monday morning was New Moon. Then I waited until yesterday (Wednesday) to start Eclipse, so I could "savor" these books. Um...yeah...finished it tonight. Now I'm going to go to bed. And NOT start Breaking Dawn. (Of course, Adrien just started New Moon, so I better hurry to finish them, right??? For her sake???)


In other news, playdate is here tomorrow--I'm looking forward to visiting with the moms--feels like I haven't seen ANYONE this summer, which isn't true, but suddenly it feels like the whole thing has flown by! Of course, whenever I think about my big man turning three this November, I can't believe how fast time flies!!!

2 comments:

Katie Beverley said...

Dang Mamy you are FAST! I read sooooo slllloooowly it's pathetic. Maybe that's just cause I have to read paragraphs over and over again cause I get all sidetracked and forget what I just read...yawn...then it makes me fall asleep...so I take a little nap. Maybe I just don't read books that are entertaining enough...I'm lame-o !!!

Sue said...

cool, a new series to read! I get excited about that too, so maybe as soon as the back to school rush dies down, I'll look for them too. miss you all!