Thursday, July 17, 2008

Two in one day, it's a new record!

Okay, I had to post again, because we had the BEST dinner tonight, and I have to share! It was a chicken casserole from the latest Paula Deen magazine, and it was awesome...So...here it is...

Mix:
3 c. cooked chicken (but I just cut up and sauteed 3 small breasts, so not even a lb.)
2 c. cooked rice (supposed to be wild, but I only had white, so that's what I used)
3 stalks chopped celery
1/2 a large sweet onion, chopped
3/4 c. chicken broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
Small bag sliced almonds
Garlic Salt and Pepper to taste (I used a LOT of pepper :)
I added about 1 c. of shredded cheddar to the mixture, even though cheese was not in the recipe

Pour mixture into casserole sprayed with Pam. Top with a mixture of one sleeve crushed Ritz crackers and 1/4 c. melted butter. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

Seriously, this was so good TJ even liked it, and he doesn't like rice...(Oh, and it was enough to feed the four of us and have more than 1/2 the casserole left over, so it will easily feed the "commune" of us, Ade, Dave, Anna, and Mom and Dad.)

YUM!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds so good. I can't wait to try it. Adding the cheese was a great idea. I didn't know Paula Deen had a cookbook. I need to get a copy of that. She is so much fun. Thanks for sharing the recipe...Megan